FAIR Membership Form Membership shall be open to any person in Africa who is engaged in investigative journalism and has a reputation and published track record consistent with a high standard of work. Such a person may work in the print, electronic or digital fields, including newspapers, magazines, newsletters, business reports, radio, television and the World Wide Web. Membership shall, however, be at the discretion of the Forum’s Board, and shall be considered only after recommendation by an existing member in good standing. PDF APPLICATION: Please download the pdf version of the FAIR ‘membership form‘ and submit by fax to +27114827208 ONLINE APPLICATION: Please indicate the membership classification that best represents your qualifications or field of interests for membership, and complete the rest of the form below:
- Membership shall be voluntary and members belong to the Forum in their individual capacity.
- The members will pay annual membership fees. The amount payable in 2011 is USD50.
- If any member shall fail to pay the appropriate subscription for a period of two months after it has fallen due, the membership shall automatically lapse without prejudice to the members\’ right to apply for re-admission on payment of the subscription fee.
- Any member may resign at any time in writing.
- Any member deemed by the Executive Committee to have brought the Forum into disrepute shall be sent a written notification requesting his/her resignation. If the member wishes to take the decision to the Board he/she must do so in writing within 14 days of receipt of notification.
- The liability of any member for the obligations of the Forum shall be limited to the amount of any subscription that may be due and owing at the time that the obligation of the Forum arose, and the members shall not become liable for any of the obligations or liabilities of the Forum solely by virtue of their status as members of the organisation.